Friday 31 July 2015

A Vampire & A Werewolf Fighting Over The Love Of A Gal Can Only Mean Twilight.

A love story reaching across generations.

A few years ago, I was in that magical landscape of a novel, a place where reality ceases to exist and your imagination is fired up and endless. Twilight is one of those epic love stories that touches your soul despite the presence of vampires and werewolves. In fact, these make it great.

While I was in the grip of Twilight fever, I had donned rose tinted glasses and was seeing this fictional story superimposed on my reality. Rather fun, I tell you. Naturally, I am a team Edward groupie and still picture him behind every Volvo I see on the road. One of the best things I did, was to read the novel before seeing the movie.

Fast forward to now, and as I told you, our niece has entered the Twilight world ( goodbye Monster High ). She got introduced to it while she was here on holiday and I wasn't sure whether she would like or love this novel...

I sort of had a clue when she watched the first movie twice while with us and then it got cemented yesterday. How wonderful is it, that she has tried to introduce her Nanna to the finer details of Edward and Jacob via Skype. ( I think a six pack was mentioned and compared ). A definite sign and I think another family member will head to the bookstore to pick up a copy.

Bob too, is engrossed in the saga and it seems that his brother is about to read the novels too. Isn't it nice to have a set of novels that are liked by various age groups? The secret to this is perhaps that when it boils down to it, Twilight is a love story through and through.

Unlike the need nowadays to bare it all, this story upholds gentlemanly behaviour and chasteness. Despite the at times gory actions of Edward and Jacob, there is a feeling of being cosseted and cared for by their love.

As strange as it would seem, a novel featuring vampires and werewolves might just become a yardstick for teenage gals...a return to old fashioned morals should definitely keep the Dads happy!


Twilight Saga 5 Book Set (White Cover)

Biggi

No comments:

Post a Comment