Monday 12 May 2014

Making A Cake And Having An Ahaa Moment.

The French know how to live a great life.

This obscene obsession with being thin is rather outrageous. Most of us women, deep down want to obtain a size " tiny " and will lap up everything the advertisers tell us. Who put this image into our subconscious? You know, the one where only The Thin will have a great life? Most of us know that being thin is not all there is to life, but gosh darn it we do try.

Anyway, on Saturday I went to a nearby Supermarket to get the ingredients for the cake I had planned to make for Mum. As I was meandering my way around the isles, I pictured the cake I was going to make. It came with cream. Loads of cream in my imagination. Standing in front of the dairy fridge, I had put a tub of cream into the trolley and considered getting another one. But that would mean a lot of fat, I thought. Never mind that, I reached for the low - fat bottle of cream next to it.

Being a seasoned TV watcher, I too had seen those ads with the skinny people and that low - fat cream. On the brink of clapping myself on the shoulder for being health conscious, I took a quick glance at the label and nearly had an heart attack. Cream should only have cream in it, but this low - fat version, had a long list of ingredients listed. Some with definite chemical slants. No, no, no...this bottle went straight back onto the shelf.

Our obsession with being slender has been fanned all along by this low - fat, fat - free industry. We can all recall how much fun a gal who eats the fat - free version of anything has. The ads are prolific enough.

What if we have been doing the wrong thing all along? Instead of being healthy, we have been giving our bodies ample supplies of chemicals and hidden flavourants.

Is being thin worth putting all these chemicals into our system? When did you last look at a label of anything fat - free? Be warned, it is quite a shocker! I pale at the thought of how many chemicals I have subjected my body to through all these years. It was too good to be true. Surely by now, we should all be thin and of course very well preserved!

If you want to be slender, do it the old fashioned way: eat less ( but eat the right foods ) and exercise more. Cook your own meals and learn to weed out the non - fat foods from your shopping trolley.

French women know how to live a good life. They eat real butter, drink wine and when they go out to a Restaurant, they eat whatever they ordered without the eternal:

"I'll have the salad, but hold the dressing. "

Oh, by the way, the best of all: eating real fat helps to keep your skin looking young...

Amazon.com: French Women Don't Get Fat
Amazon.de/at:Warum französische Frauen nicht dick werden: Lebenslust macht schlank

Biggi

No comments:

Post a Comment