Sunday 11 May 2014

A Happy Mother's Day To All The Wonderful Mothers.

A breakfast in bed for every mother?

Every now and again, you see little quotes from Mums just wanting some peace and quiet for their special day. Those with the little ones, merely want to spend the day alone. You know, being able to read in the loo, have a shower and wash their hair, watch an entire TV program and read without interruption. Apparently, that is impossible with little children!

Any home wouldn't function without a Mum. They are those special people who are the glue that binds a family together. They are always there for us and make delicious food to boot. You know, when we are sick, there they are making our favourite soup. No one else can do that.

I remember a while ago, I was so sick with a cold, and Bob wanted to make me dinner. When he asked me what I wanted, I said I would like soup like my Mum makes it...whereupon he phoned her and got the recipe. ( Mama, yours tastes nicer, but don't tell Bob! ).

Mums know what to do, when to do it, and are always there for us. Isn't it a tad bit suspicious that they only get 1 day a year? Oh yes, if they had 2 days off, goodness knows what would we all do...?

A mother is the truest friend we have, when trials, heavy and sudden, fall upon us; when adversity takes the place of prosperity; when friends who rejoice with us in our sunshine, desert us when troubles thicken around us, still will she cling to us, and endeavour by her kind precepts and counsels to dissipate the clouds of darkness and cause piece to return to our hearts. Washington Irving ( 1783-1859 )

You know, I was going to post a few different quotes to relay how special a Mum is, but this one needs no further additions. Doesn't this just go to the heart of it all? Who do we run to when we are down, have problems and don't feel so good...oh yes, our Mums.

Happy Mother's Day to all, with lots of love from me.

Biggi

No comments:

Post a Comment