Sunday 2 March 2014

The Fasching Troupe Marches Past Our House.

Music, laughter and fun galore.

Bob left at 9 am or rather Darth Vader did and his return might have taken light years! He had warned me that there was an After Party after the party, and not to expect him back too soon. It wasn't my place to remind him that his 20's were a very long while behind him. Sagely I nodded and said:

" I'll see you when I see you..."

My wifely advice of having a bowl of oats for breakfast, was rebuffed with a terse...

" You are not my mother! ".
( Well, fast forward to late afternoon: he was starving and slightly tipsy. No, he hadn't had breakfast apart from a banana. ) Naturally it'll be a while before I make any more suggestions to Bob...Ah, at least not for an hour or two!

It must have been about mid afternoon when I heard a knock on the door. It was Darth Vader running ahead to tell me that his troupes were only a household away.

" Quick, fetch a bottle of my Schnapps and some glasses. We are coming! "
and with those words he disappeared down the road.

This was the call-to-schnapps I had been waiting for all day. The quickness with which I got myself sorted even surprised me. I took the bottle of Schnapps along with a few tot glasses and plonked myself down on the bench outside our house. Jeez-a-lou, I could hear the rumpus they created at the neighbour up the road. Raucous laughter, shouting, joking and live music...

The forerunners from the parade.
They really made an effort and looked like proper Hippies. Well done.
The musicians followed and they were obviously used to herding in the troupes. They walked, the rest followed...
Darth Vader returns but somehow he swapped his light wand for a beer?
" Look its me! "
Posing with my movie star...

Biggi

No comments:

Post a Comment