Saturday 9 November 2013

" I Owe, I Owe, Off To Work I Go "...Is This Your Tune?

Ordinary stuff can make us happy too.

What happened to our joie de vivre, you know the one we all used to have? Have we made our lives so complicated that living it, has become difficult?

Has the slogan of " Bigger, Better & More " become our collective mantra? Remember that old ditty : " I owe, I owe, off to work I go "...

Tell me the last time any of those following points made you happy?

  • Waking up and being healthy.
  • The aroma of coffee wafting through the house.
  • Knowing you have enough food to make your daily meals.
  • Spending time with family and friends.
  • Becoming absorbed in a good book.
  • Going for a walk or run in nature.
  • Watching your pets antics. They sure know how to keep us enslaved for ever, those cuties!
  • Spending the whole day with your other half and still finding things to laugh about...

When we take a step back, and realize how much we have to be grateful for, life rights itself to its proper setting. Oh, and it becomes fun again.

Biggi

The view this morning from our bedroom. To be honest, I had to dangle myself out the window to get the full picture...
A close up of the sunrise. Another beautiful day!

No comments:

Post a Comment