Sunday 6 October 2013

My Saturday Morning Encounters With The Part-Timers.

Our Village has it all.

Look, I have discovered the beauty of small Burgenland Village living and I am fortunate enough to be able to do it full time. What do I mean by this? Well, living here all year round. 365 lucky days on the trot.

Our village does have a lot of husbands who work in Vienna and are home on weekends only. They are called the " Pendlers ". One of their main motivation is that their children get such a balanced and carefree upbringing here.

But there is also a couple ( I keep on meeting them, so I can't say for sure if they are the only ones. ) who come here on weekends to have our rural blissful experience. Since moving into our home, I have seen them sporadically on my morning walks. Oh yes, they possibly are the only other ones who are exercising all year round.

Their house is just up the road from ours, and they always ride with their horses. How do I know? Well, I either encounter them on foot or on their trusty steeds. It started off as a nod and an hello encounter. It is hard to do more than that when they are trotting past you or jogging.

But lately we have exchanged a bigger dialogue. Mainly due to Bob's diabetic adventure. It just goes to show, that even casual meetings make an impression. They commented on Bob's weight loss and of course wanted to know all the in's and out's...They are very impressed with his discipline and strength ( Schatzi, so I am! )

Yesterday, when we met along the forest lane and exchanged a few sentences, it made my day. Those little special touches in our daily routine takes living to another level. Sometimes a nod and " shooting the breeze " for a minute or three is what it is all about...don't you think so?

Biggi

There are some well placed benches next to the forest. Good when you are tired or just to take in the beauty of nature.
This is the view!
An Autumn morning is something to behold.

No comments:

Post a Comment