Friday 5 July 2013

When You're In Your 40's Yet Still Feel In Your 20's !

Will we ever feel our age ?

Look, I hope not ! If for nothing else, it gives me a good chuckle every now and again. When I really was young and someone told me " I still feel like a young person inside " even though they were sort of old, I thought, " Ja, whatever..."

Turns out, they were right. Oh, the fun never stops...On Wednesday, Bob and I were shopping in Guessing. Funny, when you live in a small village, you memorize the days when you go out into the big towns. ' Big town ' is relative to where you compare it to. We live in a village of about 400, and Guessing is about 4000 . Yet, it has all we need. Previous blog post on Guessing.

Our last stop before heading home, was the petrol station. There aren't any at home, so you soon learn to never run on empty. No popping around the corner for us ! Anyway, we stopped at petrol station, where someone still helps you. For some reason, when Bob and I do this together, I tend to be the one hopping out and organizing things. Bob, why is that ?

Well, this time the guy helping us was a young Adonis. More than likely he was young enough to be my son. Yet, he gave me the biggest smile and chatted to me. All extremely flattering, I must say.

Being a friendly sort of gal, I talked and I suppose smiled with him. When I got back into the car, and said to Bob, " This guy was very friendly and I think he was almost flirting with me. ", Bob burst out laughing and told me " I think he was just polite and respecting his elders ! "

Oh yes, for once I think Bob was right...I am not twenty anymore ! But I wouldn't change it for the world. Even the ambiguity of younger men smiling at and with me, is worth it. Who would want to go back to those early years anyway ?

Biggi

No comments:

Post a Comment