Monday 8 July 2013

Does Your Marriage Have A Funny Foible?

Somehow without it, most marriages would be boring !

No sense in shaking your head and going " tsk, tsk ", because we all have them. Someone should have told us about those future foibles before we got married. You know, just to know what to expect and look out for !

In our marriage we each have a few foibles to brag about. For all I know, every few years of marriage adds another foible to our repertoire. Repertoire is the right word, because lets face it, when we have a get together of ladies or a beer with the lads, we all like to tell those foibles. Some even brag about theirs.

What do I consider a foible ? Well, I for one can never leave the house the same time as Bob. Firstly, Bob sits in the car before I even have a foot out the front door, and secondly I tend to triple check any and all appliances.

You know, whether I switched them off ! After triple checking those, I am known to hop out the car in a panic, lest I had forgotten to close some of the windows in the house. In fact, now that I think about it, once or twice when we had already driven a few kilometers, I did make Bob turn back, so I could check again !

Oh yes, Bob has learned to be more patient. He has to, because we all know that one's habits get more exaggerated with age. Sorry Schatzi !

As for Bob's foible ; whenever he sees me with a camera, he instantly grumbles that it is not necessary to take so many photos of the same thing. Whereas I like to take at least 10 of each and later weed out the bad shots. A while ago I took ( even I admit that I did a few too many ) over 100 photos of our neighbours chickens and I am sure that Bob has regaled his pals with this many a time...

It's rather funny how het up Bob gets when I take so many similar pictures. Being a women, I tend to take a few extra, just to prove my point...

Well, marriage is great fun after all and those foibles give it spice and at the same time making it fabulous & interesting !

Biggi

One of the infamous ' chicken ' shots...dancing lady.

Let's steal a kiss. No one will see us!

No comments:

Post a Comment