Friday 12 July 2013

70's Music, I Love It...Laugh or Admit It Too !

Is there a decade of music style, that is better ?

Oh, get it over with and laugh at me. Yes, I admit that I love 70's music and guess what, I am not ashamed of it...

As I told you yesterday, I have had the whole day to listen to Radio Burgenland. They pepper their mix of music with a liberal dose of real 70's music. Here are just a few, so you know what I mean.

  • The Carpenters
  • Bee Gees
  • Elton John ( oh yes, he was big already in the 70's )
  • Abba

Each song they played made me either remember things, emotions, people or where I heard it first. Some of the songs I might have only heard decades later. You know in an elevator or on retro-radio ! By the way, why do they mostly play 70's music in an elevator ?

I don't know how else to describe it, but listening to those great songs all day long...made me feel happier ! At times I knew some of the words to sing along other times not. But there was no question about it, I hummed along with all of them.

I'd be willing to bet, that even the most ardent " Alternative Music Fan " will secretly go week in the knees when he stumbles across a song by either the BeeGees or Abba !

One way to catch them out, is to play a song and watch if they know the words to it...you will be surprised.

Let's do an experiment:

  • If you are laughing at me because I admitted to loving 70's music....press Like or Google plus me.
  • If you are openly admitting that you also love 70's music....Share this post and find out what your friends love to listen to.

Biggi

Amazon.com:Billboard #1s: The 70s

No comments:

Post a Comment