Friday 5 April 2013

Harmonious Twitter !

Who Knew That Birds Could Be So Entertaining ?

" Good Grief, birdwatching ! "... I used to think that anyone listening out for, or watching birds, must either be on pension or possibly a student of Nature. Memories of older family members pulling out a book on birds comes to mind...and having to feign an interest when there was no escape.

If you close your eyes right now, I am sure that you can picture a typical birdwatcher...Wellies, green or brown trousers, cap and most importantly a pair of binoculars dangling from their neck ! Am I right ?

Well, now I seem to have migrated to this genre of hobby. Granted, I am still a newbee with just my normal casual attire, yet I have to admit that the last few days have seen me sporting my Wellies. Only because it has been so muddy everywhere. Gosh, I hope that is the only reason.

We've had a run of unseasonably cold and dreary weather in the last two weeks. As the sun chose to hide away, most of our gorgeous country side tended to be bathed in an array of grey.

Yesterday morning as I was standing next to our car waiting for Bob, I heard the most wonderful thing...Birds communicating or should I say, twittering ? Standing there, becoming aware of my environment, I was privy to the most fantastic arrangement of music.

Trying to count them was impossible but their collective twittering was worthy of a concert. Instantly the ' grey ' around me was forgotten and I was reminded of how beautiful nature can be.
Yes, it seems that I am now a birdwatcher !

Again, I get reminded that it is the little things that make life more colourful and worthwhile
( at least for me ). The trick is to become aware of them, as they have been there forever.

" We are members of a vast cosmic orchestra in which each living instrument is essential to the complementary and harmonious playing of the whole. "...J.Allen Boone.

Biggi

Amazon.com:Bushnell H2O Waterproof/Fogproof Roof Prism Binocular, 8 x 42-mm, Black
Amazon.uk:binoculars Visionay DX 10x25 CAMO - great for bird watching etc

No comments:

Post a Comment