Monday 18 March 2013

Listening To Your Inner Voice.

Or should we call it Gut-Feeling ?

Right off the top of your head, I am sure you can name a few instances where you didn't listen. Even if that all-knowing inner voice was almost " shouting " at you.

Isn't it stupid the way we tend to listen after the event ?

  • " Oh, I always knew deep down, that he / she was not right for me " or
  • " Somehow my gut told me not to invest that money, but everyone else did it. " or
  • " There was often that little voice that told me not to trust XYZ. "

But don't forget, that little inner beacon we all have, can also give us a good feeling. A sense of good things to come. You know that deep sense of knowing that :

  • everything will work out fine.
  • you are at the right place.
  • this is the right person for you to traverse life with.
  • this is the work you love to do.

Why is it that we need to be slightly older to start to even tune in to that inner voice ? In our roaring twenties, we just ploughed on ahead. We took the good with the bad and shrugged off the regret.

Makes one wonder, what is actually better ? To do it and regret afterwards or to listen to our gut and avoid questionable situations before they happen ?

Let me know what you think. I would love to hear from you...

Biggi

No comments:

Post a Comment