Monday 29 October 2012

The Weather Fairy Was Right...We Have Snowy Conditions.

Christmas Morning early here in Burgenland ?

What is the one thing we all imagine is synonymous with Christmas mornings ? Yes, waking up to look out the window and seeing a snow covered vista ! Of course a search for the presents is the other thing...

All week long, the rumor mill was predicting snow for the weekend. Yesterday we had a few spattering's but this morning the world was white and wonderful. Just looking out the window, even though I was not fully awake ( you know when you are sitll involved in your dreamworld and on autopilot ), lifted my spirits.

Conveniently we have a street light outside our bedroom window and it illuminated the whole wintry scene to perfection. Those who know me, also know that I always get up at the crack of dawn
( well now it is mostly still dark for a while ), but not Bob. I deliberated whether to wake him to show him the wonderful wintry sight, but knowing that Bob is not a morning person, I left him to sleep.

When one thinks about it reasonably, winter is not such fun to live with...

  • Cold and red looking noses
  • Having to wear thermal undies at all times !
  • Scraping the ice and snow of the car windows...usually my job.

But I love winter and most of those points. Just the fact of layering your clothing. You know, taking off your scarves and coats when going inside. Great feeling when the warmth of any oven hits you. Even walking around in the snow and seeing your footprints brings me back to my childhood.

Personally I think that this is the key to why we all openly ( or secretly ) love a cold and snowy winter. It vividly brings back memories of all those enchanting Fairy tales that we were told about, read or saw on TV. Snow White ( Snow White and the Seven Dwarfs (Walt Disney's Snow White and the Seven Dwarfs) ) is what I remember and also how my world was fabulous at that age !

Biggi

As soon as Bob woke up, he ran outside and took pictures...smiling happily to himself.

Nice wintry view from our bed.

This was taken yesterday...how quickly the season changed !

No comments:

Post a Comment