Tuesday 7 August 2012

Drinking Coffee on our " Stoep "

Early morning pleasures...

Now that our visitors have left, we've moved back into our front bedroom. Bob was actually hesitant, as he slept so well in the back bedroom and had a few memories of sleepless nights in front one. But we tried it last night as it is so much nicer.
Of course, true to form, Bob could not sleep and now and again I became aware of his grumbles and slightly angry sighs ! On the other hand, I slept rather well until our new neighbour, The Rooster, did his morning ritual. At first I thought that Justin had forgotten his cell phone, as the Rooster just kept on crowing at equal intervals. It was still dim outside, but when I stumbled to look at the watch, I saw that he was spot on with his timing....5am.

Without thinking ( otherwise reason would set in and I would snuggle back into bed ) I got dressed and set off for my morning walk. There is just something so grounding and soothing for me, seeing the day awakening. Granted, it does take me a while to be fully awake, but just listening to the birds chirping or hearing the rustle of a mouse in the leaves, makes it stunningly worthwhile.

For those of you, who love Coffee as much as I do, you will understand the contentment of that first cup of freshly brewed coffee after my walk. The fabulous weather is an added bonus, because I can just sit on our stoep and savour my coffee.

Oh, the simple life here in Burgenland....

Biggi

Sitting and savouring my first cup of Coffee on our Stoep.

No comments:

Post a Comment