Saturday 21 July 2012

The big Mouse Hunt.

A new Lodger ?

Bob was sitting at his computer and saw a flash at the corner of his vision. When he looked up the he saw a wee mouse running on the floor. Well suddenly Bob was doing a dash, but of course he is no match for a little mouse !

As he told me this, I instantly looked down at my feet to see if it was running there ! " Bob do something. Catch it ! " " Schatzi, I am too slow for it, but it is so small it won't hurt you." Okay, what could we do. Bob had already poked around in the dubious corners with no success. All the cartoons come to mind, where the mouse sits in the hole laughing at us humans...

Just in case, I borrowed a mouse Trap from my mum. Bob tried to work out how to work it and all I heard was " %*&%* " - he'd nipped his fingertip ! But we got sidetracked with TV and didn't give it another thought.

We have a pull out couch ( very close to the floor ) which we use to lie down and veg. I was still watching a movie when suddenly I heard a noise coming from the kitchen. Definitely something strange. All the lights were off and with great care I ventured onto the floor to investigate. Waking up Bob ( mouse hunting is not a women's sport ) I asked him to check closer to source. You could hear a gnawing sound and some rustling too. Bob being all macho went straight up to the noise, while I hoped from foot to foot some distance away just in case it ran towards me...But after half an hour of checking and searching we found nothing. We did eventually set a cheesy trap. ( As of this morning, no diner )

We eventually went to sleep but I was constantly imagining little feet running all over me !!!! One thing I now realize is that Tigger is getting too much food. She should have sorted this little problem out. She possible did eat the neighbours' chicken and could not be bothered with this mouse...

Biggi

Attempt number four....

All set...

No comments:

Post a Comment